Smooth and forgiving, the Calypso excels as a first electric sailplane. Ailerons are included for enjoying a wide envelope of soaring performance, and by adding optional flaps experienced glider pilots can move up to more advanced thermal chasing. Three versions — the RTF, Tx-R and Rx-R — come with a factory-installed brushless power system. There’s also an ARF version available for those who want to equip the Calypso with their choice of radio and motor. Since there’s no gluing to do and the only tool needed is a screwdriver, you can have the Calypso flight-ready in just 30 minutes!
This Rx-R assembles just as easily, while offering you the flexibility to install your choice of receiver and battery. All onboard gear is already installed, getting you in the air that much quicker!
- Wingspan: 73 in (1855 mm)
- Wing Area: 526 in² (33.9 dm²)
- Length: 47 in (1195 mm)
- RTF Weight: 29-31 oz (820-880 g)Requires:
- 4-5 channel transmitter & receiver, 11.1V 1300mAh LiPo battery & LiPo chargerThe Calypso Rx-R includes:
- Assembled, factory-finished airframe with landing wheel and skid plates
- Factory-installed 28-30-1300kV brushless outrunner motor, 18A ESC & servos