Traxxas TRX78086-4 – XRT 1/6 Race Truck 8s
• Race-Inspired Engineering
• Extreme 8s Power and Speed
• X-Truck™ Size and Strength
The XRT is included in Traxxas First Delivery program which means that it’s first introduced in physical hobbyshops, then sold in-stores for two weeks and after that it’s available to buy online!
- October 26 – Official announcement
- December 9 – European in-store on-sale date
- 2-Week Exclusive Sales Window for Hobby Shops
- December 23 – European online on-sale date
The Traxxas XRT™ fuses race-inspired design and engineering with X-Maxx® power and strength. The result is an all-new platform with sharp reflexes and unprecedented stability that is capable of exploiting the upper range of extreme 8s power and speed.
Built For Speed And Handling
XRT was engineered with a focus on speed, handling, and performance. XRT’s low center of gravity, ultra-wide stance and low-profile body deliver confidence and control as XRT accelerates across the wide-open spaces to an all-out speed of 96+KPH.
Proven Tough All-Metal Driveline
XRT performance and durability begins with its all-metal 8s driveline. Steel 4-gear differentials and steel driveshafts are joined by a high-strength extruded aluminum center shaft. It’s a precision-engineered recipe that has been proven monster-truck tough in the X-Maxx.
Race-Inspired Low-CG Chassis
XRT’s performance-focused chassis design is configured to lower the center of gravity for superior handling and stability. The dual 6700 4s batteries and the steering servo are positioned to place the weight as low as possible in the chassis and provide protection for these critical components.
Patent-Pending Clipless Body
XRT’s patent-pending clipless body easily removes and installs in just seconds and yet it locks in place with incredible strength and security. The system uses a cage inside the body to minimize flex while external skids are strategically placed to protect the body.
Gravix™ Race Tires
XRT’s Gravix™ race tires are a revolutionary new hybrid design with densely packed biting edges and sipes. They deliver outstanding grip on hard-packed surfaces along with fast and quiet-running precision.
VXL-8s Power System
Already Traxxas’ most powerful speed control, XRT’s VXL-8s™ goes even further with an aggressive tune that maximizes power output across the entire RPM range. More power under the curve delivers mid-range punch that hits hard for rolling wheelies on demand. Bury the throttle at any speed and XRT responds instantly with effortless acceleration.
Traxxas XRT Specs:
- Length (including wing): 798mm
- Front & Rear Track: 595mm
- Ground Clearance: 49mm
- Weight: 8.94kg without body / 9.54kg with body / 10.83kg with body & two 4s 6700mAh LiPos
- Height: 258mm (ride height) / 308mm (full droop)
- Wheelbase: 480mm
- Shock Length (front): 173mm
- Shock Length (rear): 173mm
- Tires (Pre-Glued): 188x97mm
- Wheels: 110x147mm
- Speed Control: Velineon® VXL-8s
- Motor (electric): Velineon® 1200XL Brushless with heat sink and dual fan shrouds
- Overall Drive Ratio: 20.6:1 (20/50 motor pinion and spur gear)
- Differential Type: Sealed, hardened steel bevel, limited slip
- Gear Pitch (Spur and Pinion): Module 1.0
- Chassis Structure/Material: Composite Nylon Tub
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Drive System: Shaft-driven 4WD
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Radio System: TQi™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM® receiver™
- Servo Torque: 26kg/cm (6V)
- Servo Speed: 0.17s/60° (6V)
- Top Speed: 96+ KPH* with two 4s LiPo batteries and included optional gearing
- Skill Level: 5
- Battery Tray: 186x51x44mm
- Required Batteries: 4 “AA” (transmitter) and 4-cell LiPo battery (x2)
*96+ kph with Two 4s LiPo Batteries and Included Optional Speed Gears
Velineon 1200XL Motor Specs:
- Type: 1275Kv Sensorless Brushless
- Weight: 665g
- Length: 110mm
- Diameter: 48mm
- Connector Type: Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors
Velineon VXL-8s ESC Specs:
- Input Voltage: 8s LiPo (Max 33.6 Volts)
- BEC Voltage: 6V
- BEC Current Continuous: 10 A
- BEC Current Peak: 20 A
- Motor Connectors: Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors
- Battery Connectors: Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Power Wire: 10-gauge Maxx Cable
- Ports: RX Input, Auxiliary Fan, Traxxas Accessory Port
What’s In The Box:
- XRT, Ready-To-Race® model with Traxxas Big Block™ brushless motor
- VXL-8s waterproof electronic speed control with integrated telemetry
- Quick Start Guide
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- High quality maintenance tools
- Optional speed gears
What You’ll Need:
- LiPo Batteries: Traxxas recommends dual 4-Cell, 6700 mAh Power Cell LiPo batteries (part #2890X) or the Dual 4s Completer Pack (Part #2997).
- LiPo Balance Charger with iD™: Traxxas EZ-Peak® Live 4s-capable charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model #2971).
- AA Alkaline Batteries: Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.